Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Stella By Matt Borczon

That's the
problem
with this
dog I
have she
is terrified
of fireworks
I say
to the
guys watching
them explode
over the
ball field

then
I pull
her leash
and we
run for
home

it's just
easier than
admitting
that eight
years after
the war
I still
can't stand
that sound.

About Matt Borczon:

Matthew Borczon is a writer and Navy sailor from Erie, Pa . He writes about war, ptsd, and all that it does to himself and others. He has written eight books of poetry so far the most recent being My Reality from Alien Buddha Press. He is married with 4 kids and not enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...