Friday, August 17, 2018

The Neighbor's Dog By John Yamrus

The neighbor’s dog

is
old

and
deaf.

she
sleeps all day,

pees
on the rug

and
throws up
every chance she gets.

I
promise
I won’t do that poet thing

and
compare
myself to her.

I can’t.

I’m
not yet deaf,

and
it’s been weeks
since I even came close

to

peeing on the rug.


About John Yamrus:


Since 1970 John Yamrus has published 25 volumes of poetry, 2 novels and one volume of non-fiction. He has also had nearly 2,000 poems published in print magazines around the world. Selections of his poetry have been translated into several languages, including Spanish, Swedish, French, Japanese, Italian, Romanian, Albanian, Estonian and Bengali. His poetry is taught in numerous colleges and universities. His latest book, MEMORY LANE, a look back at his childhood growing up in a Pennsylvania coal mining community in the 1950s, is a highly anticipated addition to his published work.
 
His website is: http://www.johnyamrus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...