Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Caught, Once Again by John D Robinson

A diazepam pickup today,
I made coffee and swallowed
10mg and by the time I
rolled a joint, it’s easy
soft wisdom drenched my
muscles and calmed my
thoughts and I sat
listening to the radio:
George Butterworth’s
‘Banks of Willow Green’
caught once again
in its poignancy and
beauty and I ponder
his death aged 31 in
World War I and how
one time he wandered
just a few miles from
where I live, collecting
traditional folk-songs
and the music ends and
my work’s mobile
phone rings,
I spark up the joint
and hit the
answer button.





About John D. Robinson: 

John D Robinson is a UK poet: hundreds of his poems have appeared in small press zines and online literary journals  :
His published solo chapbooks are
‘Cowboy Hats & Railways’ (Scars Press 2016)   scars.tv/
‘When You Hear The Bell, There’s Nowhere To Hide’ (Holy&intoxicated Publications 2016   sold out)
‘An Outlaw In The Making’  (Scars Publications 2017)
‘Hitting Home’  (Iron Lung Press 2018  2nd edition)   ironlungpress.bigcartel.com/about-iron–lung–press
‘In Pursuit Of  Shadows’  (Analog Submission Press 2018  sold out)  www.analogsubmission.com
‘Echoes Of Diablo’  (Concrete Meat Press 2018)  adrianmanning.wixsite.com/concretemeatpress
Too Many Drinks Ago’  (Paper & Ink Zine Publications) http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PaperAndInkZine
‎ ‘Hang In There’      (Uncollected Press  2019    USA)  therawartreview.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...