Thursday, March 7, 2019

Prepositioned by Wayne F. Burke

To, is, and, if, but
the prepositions of grammar school
rendition;
how about “then” and “than” and
“was” and “were”?
The teacher explained usage
but I did not get it;
got “your” and “you’re”
“their” and “they’re”
but not then/than
or was/were
I do not believe the
teacher knew
more about it
then/than I did
but she the one
flunked me,
told my grandparents
I was/were slow
which was/were news to
them/there and
suggested I be put into
“special class”
which
back in them/thar days
was/were called
“retarded.”






About Wayne F. Burke:
Wayne F. Burke has published six full-length volumes of poetry, most recently DIFLUCAN (BareBack Press, 2019).
A link to the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...