Tuesday, June 11, 2019

No Marimbas in Tokyo by John Dorroh

noodle vending machine
dispensing cheap dreams 
thin on content like temporary support
for muscle contraction. legos eliminating
plastic bricks that mock the real thing.
wood for marimbas disappearing within
10 years. meanwhile I pull cold sushi 
from metal boxes and wonder how 
I will find my way back to the hotel



About John Dorroh:

Whether John Dorroh taught any high school biology is still up for grabs. However, he showed up every morning at 6:45 with at least two lesson plans. His poetry has appeared in Suisun Valley Review, Dime Show Review, Rat's Ass Review, Sick Lit, Walk Write-up, Indigent press, and others. He also dabbles with short fiction and the occassional rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...