Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Violets and Violence by Kushal Poddar

Sometimes I feel happy
because I can open a door
with paper sacks in both my hands.

Some nights I smother myself
into sleep with a pillow,
dream- a pond as the direction
to my home. "Turn left
from the pond and pull over."

I open the door with both my hands
shoving their ends into each other,
and I wake up, happy.






About Kushal Poddar:

Edited the online magazine ‘Words Surfacing’.
Authored ‘The Circus Came To My Island’ (Spare Change Press, Ohio), A Place For Your Ghost Animals (Ripple Effect Publishing, Colorado Springs), Understanding The Neighborhood (BRP, Australia), Scratches Within (Barbara Maat, Florida), Kleptomaniac's Book of Unoriginal Poems  (BRP, Australia) and Eternity Restoration Project- Selected and New Poems (Hawakal Publishers, India) and now Herding My Thoughts To The Slaughterhouse-A Prequel (Alien Buddha Press)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...