Wednesday, July 24, 2019

CAN WE JERK OFF TO THIS? by Brian Rihlmann

I’ve been on a documentary kick
for a couple of weeks
(this happens sometimes...)
and there’s no shortage of them
let me tell you

you can find any
and every possible position
defended, justified, championed

I notice I tend to seek the ones
that reinforce my belief
that things are basically fucked

so now I know....
I mean REALLY know
we’re running out
of fresh water
our food is poison
the soil is toxic
and the oceans are plastic

and our politicians
and business leaders
are reprehensible
immoral scumbags

knowing the magnitude
of the problems
gives me an excuse
to sit back and enjoy the show
it’s all one big snuff film now





About Brian Rihlmann:

Brian Rihlmann was born in NJ, and currently lives in Reno, NV. He writes mostly semi autobiographical, confessional free verse. He has been published in Constellate Magazine, Under The Bleachers, Cajun Mutt Press, and has an upcoming piece in The American Journal Of Poetry.

1 comment:

  1. Pause the show and make me some popcorn. I'd like to finish before those bombs start bursting in air. Couldn't have said it better Brian...

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...