Sunday, July 21, 2019

Giving Thanks by David Boski

My sister asked about one of
my exes during thanksgiving
this past year. I told her that
she had gotten married and
that’s when my mom interjected
and said: “what is it that you
do to these women? that every
time you break up with them
they move on so quickly and
can’t wait to get married!”
My sister and I began laughing
hysterically and I answered:
“I don’t know, they’re crazy.”
“No, I’m beginning to think
you’re crazy and that it’s you
and not them!” my mom replied
as she began laughing too.
It was our first thanksgiving since
my nephew and her first grandson
had been born, and I was thankful
for the laugher, and the moment.




About David Boski:

David Boski lives in Toronto. His poems have appeared in: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Horror Sleaze Trash, Under The Bleachers, Down in the Dirt, Beatnik Cowboy, Winamop, Ramingo’s Porch, Cactifur, North Of Oxford and elsewhere. His chapbook “Fist Fighting and Fornication” is out now and available through Holy&intoxicated Publications. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...