Saturday, July 13, 2019

Poem for a Bag Boy with More Pimples than Sense by Ryan Quinn Flanagan

I understand that the pay is crap
and that no one really cares about their job anyways
and that you are trying to get with the cashier
who can’t make change for a twenty
but good lord, just let me bag the damn things,
hell, I had your job twenty years ago
and even back then I knew you didn’t put the detergents
in with the produce
and that you double bagged the meat and fish
and now I am a forty year old man
and there will be a new poem to write
when I get home, this poem for a bag boy
with more pimples than sense,
and almost no one will read it which is fine
and if you get the girl, please do not ever procreate
as that will just make things worse
and I can’t even begin to imagine the spawn
of you two geniuses, though I feel for you
concerning the job and that asshole super;
I’d like to say it gets better, but I won’t lie
to you like all the others.





About Ryan Quinn Flanagan:

Ryan Quinn Flanagan guards the Northern Wall for The Frat with his army of horny unicorns and 4/5ths of the Village People.  His private jet is a tax write-off and most of his first edition moose dulaps as well.  He is Scott's Simmons' father and wants Scott to know that he has been a very naughty boy and to get the spanking paddle out of the closet.

Please check out his book The Road to Hell is Paved with Writers:

1 comment:

  1. Solution for pimples is what every girl desires, our social profiles are totally dedicated for this purpose , do visit hauteher cosmetic tips for women

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...