Thursday, January 9, 2020

Generating Interest. By Ryan Quinn Flanagan


I may not get you rich,
but I know this guy who could get you pregnant,
he can’t stand protection, refuses to get a guard dog
and just leaves the door open,
hasn’t been robbed yet, but this one is definitely 
playing with house money;
I hear he shaves his legs though I’ve never seen it,
like the Great Wall of China,
I’m just generating interest, like the banks claim to do,
but I’m actually doing it;
if you want to sell the kid at some point, there’s a market for that too,
we could really drag things out, start a bidding war…
hell, if you’re willing to pop out ten to twelve puppies,
maybe I can make you rich after all, 
there’s money in those little goobers, I don’t know why,
but give me ten months and your banking information
and I could probably be skiing in Switzerland 
by the end of year.






Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a Canadian-born author residing in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada with his wife and many bears that rifle through his garbage.  His work can be found both in print and online in such places as: Evergreen Review, The New York Quarterly,The Rye Whiskey Review, Outlaw Poetry Network, Under The Bleachers, The Dope Fiend Daily and In Between Hangovers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...