Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Detox by Debra Sasak Ross

I am not a tool
I cannot be used
I will not be your enabler
I am not a bank
I am not made of money
I can barely support myself let alone you
And your addiction
When you’re out of your mind
With your addiction, paranoia and OCD
Don’t come running to me
You had a paycheck
Your priorities are out of this world
You chose this life
You cannot flop from place to place
And expect people to put up with your madness
You need help
Deep down you know you need help
Do you really want to drop dead from cardiac arrest
With a meth pipe hanging out of your mouth?
I love you,, but I cannot help you
Until you help yourself
I wish you well






Debra Sasak Ross is a published poet from Chicago, Illinois. Besides reading, writing and listening to music, she loves thunderstorms, blizzards and gardening. Her work can be found in the anthologies, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze and Dandelion in a Vase of Roses. Her work can also be found online in The Poet Community, Inquisition Poetry, Nature Writing,, Haiku Journal.  Best Poetry, Duanes Poetree. and Spillwords.com She has also published her first book, “BELIEVE” in 2018. She now resides in Iowa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...