Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fake It Until I make It by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

I’m going to fake it
until I make it.
I’m the Mack and I
will not be cornered.

I don’t believe in cash.
Give me some credit.
I’m dope until things
start to go wrong for me.

When I get suicidal
I check myself in.
I don’t want to go back
to the penitentiary.

I’ll go to the hospital.
It’s much better there.
All the pretty nurses
are in love with me.

I am a registered
lethal weapon. I’m
getting too old
to deal with this shit.

Give me immunity
and I will tell you stories
that will make your head
come off at the neck.





About Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal:

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal, born in Mexico, lives in Southern California, and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles. His first book of poems, Raw Materials, was published by Pygmy Forest Press. His poetry online and in print has appeared in Ariel Chart, Blue Collar

Review, Kendra Steiner Editions, Mad Swirl, Unlikely Stories, and Yellow Mama Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...