Wednesday, June 27, 2018

All Of My Drug Dealers Are In Prison By Ian Copestick

All of my drug dealers are in prison
I don't know what I'm going to do
It's a good job that I haven't got a bad habit
Or I'd be in bed with "the flu "

I don't know how I'm going to cope
I don't know where I'm​ going to go
After 25 years somebody has
Finally stopped the flow

I guess that I will have to become straight
Although it will be hard
After 25 years of heroin
I guess you could say that I am scarred




About Ian Copestick: 

I am 45 years old and live in Stoke On Trent, England.
I'm currently unemployed and surviving on £70 per week. This means that my lifestyle isn't particularly healthy, but it gives me plenty of time to think, read and write.
I started writing poetry 15 years ago after discovering Bukowski and being hit by the revelation that working class people CAN be poets.
This had literally never occurred to me before.
I also write prose and maybe some of it will appear in Dope ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...