Monday, July 23, 2018

Gas Chamber By Ahmad Al-Khatat


My life lately seems like a gas chamber,
Everything appears in different colours nowadays
My name is no longer important since I’ve got
A number and soon I will have a legal price tag

I thought the snow would cover the cruelty of blood suckers
Yet, I saw a broken cage in spring with blood and
Feathers of the love birds above the winter rain
With no tweets to welcome the depressed autumn

The sun shines at midnight and it looks as if the
City is on fire, with flames around my glowing path
So many times, and nobody is bright to reveal the
Sun before death starts collecting my soul

I have been blinded as I wish to go back to
The days where my sight always smiled and never
Cried for watching my old pictures of memories
With tears falling in silence of my depression

About Ahmad Al-Khatat:
Ahmad Al-Khatat. He was born in Baghdad on May 8th. From Iraq, he came to Canada at the age of 10, the same age when he wrote his first poem back in the year 2000. He also has been published in several press publications and anthologies all over the world. His poems were translated into Farsi, Albanian, German, and Chinese. And he currently studies Political Sciences, at Concordia University in Montreal. He recently have published his two chapbooks “The Bleeding Heart Poet” and “Love On The War’s Frontline”. With Alien Buddha Press. It is available for sale on Amazon. Most of his new and old poems are also available on his official page Bleeding Heart Poet on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...