Saturday, October 27, 2018

All That Suffers Is Not Gold By James Diaz

I'm already late for something
the swat houses of light
emptying out in the dark
this oak tree so scarred
along its face
that I can almost see nothing else

and when I think of what all this means 
I think of every run
up the skin
as holding together 
all that would otherwise
overflow into earth
gone, like me on better or worse days
it hardly matters once you've seen
what you've seen
and rubbed your eyes
into bruises
that collected light
in the dark house of their hurt

forgiveness is carrying the fat man uphill
as Cheryl said
and my back is so sore
with all these bodies
almost broken, 
almost completely thrown.




About James Diaz:

James Diaz is the author of This Someone I Call Stranger (Indolent Books, 2018). He is founding Editor of the literary arts & music mag Anti-Heroin Chic. His work has appeared most recently in Occulum, Moonchild Magazine and Philosophical Idiot. He lives in upstate NY and occasionally tweets @diaz_james. 

1 comment:

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...