Sunday, October 21, 2018

I've Been Shit On By John Yamrus

I’ve been shit on...

this time
by a
bird
whose aim
was more direct,
on target
and effective
than any of
the critics
who dislike me,
my poems,
my attitude,
my way of writing or
just my way of
seeing things.

this bird
should write
a book
and call it
“John Yamrus is in my sights...lean,
mean and as I see him”...
it’s
a little long
for the title of a book,
but, then,
this was
one
hell of a bird.
I’d tip my cap
to him, but,
like I said...
he’s got me
in his sights.


About John Yamrus: 

Since 1970 John Yamrus has published 25 volumes of poetry, 2 novels and one volume of non-fiction. He has also had nearly 2,000 poems published in print magazines around the world. Selections of his poetry have been translated into several languages, including Spanish, Swedish, French, Japanese, Italian, Romanian, Albanian, Estonian and Bengali. His poetry is taught in numerous colleges and universities. His latest book, MEMORY LANE, a look back at his childhood growing up in a Pennsylvania coal mining community in the 1950s, is a highly anticipated addition to his published work.

His website is: http://www.johnyamrus.com

1 comment:

  1. this is a fantastic poem!! John Yamrus hits the mark for me every time!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...