Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Bring It On! By Ian Copestick

me this is it!
This is What it's all about!
The actual writing, the physical
Act of banging it out
You know how the French
Call an orgasm, 'le petit mort. "
The little death, because you
Forget the pain, the boredom
All of the niggling, little
Problems of being alive
When you are in the throes of
Passion?
Well, that's what writing does
For me
When I am in the midst of it
Nothing else matters
Nothing else even exists
Just finishing the line
And the line after that.
And if death is like writing
Or an orgasm, then
Bring it on!
I can hardly wait!







About Ian Copestick

Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer from Stoke on Trent England, so far he has published 45 poems in 10 different ezines. He intends to keep going for as long as he can, and hopes that someday soon a publisher will take a chance and bring out his first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...