Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Pound Of Flesh by Kevin Martin


pricked my skin
a gun face
look through wind
breeze
glances over my head
bullet ricochet
brainpan
no witnesses
back up

i used to live
near railroad tracks

now miss whistle blowing ground waiting in abandoned warehouses shook with the noise and vibration of it all
all at once waking me up at night can't do this
freight train fracturing my crystal heart right now a soul upside down painting life blood streaked across lusty skies

generous
amounts of crimson
yellowy lemon fires
southern comfort

piss on
my grave
when
leaving
flowers dying

look at
begonias
appetite
my eyes
are
a
brown flower
that will
eventually
fall
to the
ground
no
matter how
colorful
was once
carefully
treated tender
nurtured
loved
even if you
never failed
to look
into my eyes
before
languidly
walking away
i
will still
fall
to the earth
in time
as
a rose
doesn't
fair
any
better

chipped
a
tooth
gnawing
on dreams

i
read
poetry
in the
hallway

i
love
you

alive
asleep dreaming

fuck
if only
touch you
again

feel you close to me
a hundred miles of flesh
with my thousand yard stare
eyes not going anywhere
die a better death

slow death that felt horror
supernova shines
right now before destruction

a soul laced up
bound with
bad tattoos
solitude skulls

awaits closed eyes
open

prayers
without birds of prey

a
hollowman

made of straw

a soul
dialectic space travel

soul mad journey
the way the world ends
doesn't scare me
at all

a diamond bullet through me genuine whole i am not a monster without strength without morals utilizing dystopian scarecrows

judgement and worry
defeats us all
in the void night chasm




About Kevin Martin: 

The Wolfman Kevin Martin is a photographer and poet from North Carolina now residing in Pittsburgh, PA.  Contributing images and poetry to: The Arrival Magazine, The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Under The Bleachers, Cajun Mutt Press, Alien Buddha Press, The Pangolin Review and Rust Belt Press.  The Wolf's first poetry collection "My Head Fits Through Your Noose, Let Me Swing Awhile? is published through Alien Buddha Press and was released in January 2019. 


1 comment:

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...