Thursday, April 25, 2019

Donna DeBonise by Dan Provost

The first love of my life…
I would suck
in my fat when
she walked by with
her zit-faced best friend
Laura Stark.

I asked her out in 7th and
8th grade…

Her, being the master of
my seventh-grade erections…

Then my eight-grade
frustrations since I
had no idea what
masturbation was.

Both times she thought
about it, then told
her pimply sidekick
to tell me
no…

I haven’t been the
same since
I guess that’s a bad thing.




About Dan Provost: 

Dan Provost's poetry has been published throughout the small press for many years.  He is the author of nine books and lives in Berlin, New Hampshire with his wife, Laura--and their Bichon Frisce...Bella.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...