Thursday, December 12, 2019

I’ll Carry Your Ghost. By Linda Imbler




I shall open all envelopes of complaint,
accept denunciation
by those passionate
in their stinging rebukes.
I’ll take the blame
for your past actions
having caused the current reproach.

I shall pocket your thirty pieces of silver
because you left me
in command of the purse strings.

My contribution,
however unknown to me at the time,
and however undeserved
demands I must now own your shadow.

You had so many rooms
with tightly locked doors,
but the key is now in my possession.

I’ll wipe down your walls,
and let my mind gather the webs and mold.
We have the blessing or the curse 
of the invisible thread.

I’ll not fight the old,
will work to construct the new,
and, in the process, protect your legacy.

And, when I am done making your excuses,
I will find time to finally make things right.





Linda Imbler’s poetry collections include three published works by Amazon, “Big Questions, Little Sleep,” 
“Lost and Found,”  and “Red Is The Sunrise.”  
Soma Publishing has published her two e-book collections, 
“The Sea’s Secret Song,” and “Pairings,” a hybrid of short fiction and poetry.  A new e-book from Soma Publishing 
entitled “That Fifth Element” is due out in late 2019.  Examples of Linda’s poetry and a listing of publications can be 


2 comments:

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. haunted stories

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...