Friday, March 20, 2020

Gone Is The Romance. By John Patrick Robbins


She was a train wreck , and I seldom avoided anyone for their flaws.
A crazy woman and a good cocktail go hand in hand.

Sanity and relationships should never be mentioned, unless you are the type that is whipped by what you can easily find in another.

She believed I would care if she departed. 

And I wasn't afraid to break it to her.
I was far from an actor in some cheesy off Broadway production.

She bounced like a basketball, I drank like a fish and didn't shed a single tear.

When dealing with a real person always remember this.
I never claimed to be nice, just as I never called it anything more than a fling.

Complain all you want and don't let that doorknob hit you in that perfect round ass.

Have a nice day.





John Patrick Robbins; Is the editor in chief of the Rye Whiskey Review , Under The Bleachers, Drinkers Only and The Black Shamrock Magazine.

His work has been published here at the Dope Fiend Daily, San Pedro River Review, Ariel Chart, Crossroads Magazine , Punk Noir Magazine, Red Fez and The Blue Nib.

He is also the author of Sex Drugs & Poetry from Whiskey City Press. Once Upon A Nervous Breakdown from Soma Publishing.

His newest is published under his pen name.
If Walls Could Speak Mine Would Blush from Syndicate Press.

His work is always unfiltered.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...