Friday, October 23, 2020

Another Day Sesh by Riley Hood

A gotta mind to squeegee out and hold accountable

the actions of the past affecting the future, forgetting the present.

I gotta rinse it out and throw it back into the fire

Of living

Breathing

Touching. A mind to rise above

The dirt it bleeds on. A new kind of mud

For the ants to crawl through, this mind.

This mind is mine

And I gotta see to it that it doesn’t drown

From dirty thirties cracked open under the sun,

Another day session starting.

I gotta mind, my friends. I hope you don’t

Care my leaving it with you.

Keep it for me until it’s through.

I’m gonna lie in the dirt with the ants. I don’t need it

But I know you do.






Born in the meth, corn and aliens state of Indiana, Riley has always known he was a fool. He now resides in the hills of New Zealand, somewhere






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...