Monday, October 26, 2020

Let the Fools Be by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

I have been known to be too kind
to fools and their tedious advice.
I do not like arguing with fools
or giving them advice in return.
It gets old walking on eggshells 
and walking around them as well.
This may be my last time giving fools a chance who don’t know
better. In the future I will keep a
distance and let the fools be. They 
are often doling out advice on whims.
It is futile to make fools see beauty
in its simplest form. I will continue 
doing things my way without fools.





Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal, born in Mexico, lives in Southern California, and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles. His first book of poems, Raw Materials, was published by Pygmy Forest Press. His poetry online and in print has appeared in Ariel Chart, Blue Collar

Review, Kendra Steiner Editions, Mad Swirl, Unlikely Stories, and Yellow Mama Magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...