Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Sorry by Wayne F. Burke'

I am standing in front of a building
downtown
waiting for the meeting
to start
a fat guy
with beer breath
melon-face
stops, asks why I stand
in front of his building
I say, "none of YOUR business,"
he says, "I live here, have a right to know
who is out front,"
I say FUCK OFF
he mounts the steps
slowly
to the top
calls back
over his shoulder
"I feel sorry for you!"
Yeah
well,
I do too
some
nights.





Wayne F. Burke's poetry has been widely published online and in print. He has published six full-length poetry collections, most recently DIFLUCAN (BareBack Press, 2019). He lives in the Pine Tree State.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...