Monday, November 23, 2020

When My Mind Decides To Eat Itself by Kevin M. Hibshman

It sets a lovely table.
It breaks out the fine china and expensive cutlery.
You might say it's a “soiree.”
I'm never informed about the guest list.

When my mind decides to eat itself, it's a real event.
The recipe varies from depression to torment.
There is never enough wine to make me forget why we're all seated together.
When my mind decides to eat itself, it wishes to gorge and it is always sure to leave no crumbs behind.





Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems, reviews and collages published in numerous publications world wide. Most recently, his work has been published by Rye Whiskey Review, Drinkers Only, The Crossroads and 1870. In addition to editing his own poetry e-zine, FEARLESS, he has authored sixteen chapbooks including: Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011) and Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...