Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lost Faith by Michael Adubato

I lost my faith the other day 
and I have no idea where it can be 
to be honest, I've been misplacing 
it a lot lately 
 
I see that the Syrian government 
attacks people with chemical weapons 
and the skin melts off the bones 
as they scream in anguish 
 
I turned around and saw my faith 
tip-toeing down the street 
I called it back 
it stopped for a second 
looked at me 
and kept on going 



MICHAEL ADUBATO is a native New Jerseyan currently residing in southern Belgium.  He's been writing poetry for a very long time and was recently published in the literary journal, Ariel Chart.  He is currently working on his first book of poetry that will be released in 2021.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...