Sunday, March 21, 2021

Quick-Mart Conversation by Daniel S. Irwin

I said, "'Xcuse me, ma'am
For my vulgarities.
My colorful vernacular
Is a product of the times.
Some words and phrases
Require a little embellishment
To clarify the intended
Rancor of wit and emphasis.
If anything that I have said
Has shocked or offended you,
May I offer my heartfelt apologies
For not having toughened you up
By offending you sooner.
Cute kid.  Take after his father?"
She picked up her dog and left.  




Daniel S. Irwin is a native of Sparta, Illinois.  His card reads:  Artist, Actor, Writer, Soldier, Scholar, Priest.  Author of nine books.  Retired military (Air Force and Army).  Dudeist priest.  Work published in over one hundred magazines and journals world-wide.  Has appeared in over one hundred films.  Loves to travel but the plague keeps him near home..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...