Thursday, March 18, 2021

THE LANSDALE SIDEWALKS by Daniel J. Flore II

I'd like to coast down the Lansdale sidewalks
with my souped up engine legs
half a beer in me
goin' in the bar again
for a bay breeze
then back out onto the cement cracking through my mind
little bits of daisies popping out
and a cloud of wine poured in the creek
I'd like to speed through the Lansdale sidewalks
with the ice cream cone store
that's too expensive
the art store with these massive objects I have no use for
I have no use for any of this town sometimes
'cept for a 3 dollar burger at 7-11
and a monster
maybe play the tobacco store slots
in the hopes of winning some spending money
I like it here alone though
just trekking through the Lansdale sidewalks
when the day
opens up like a rose waiting for me to take a whiff



Daniel J. Flore III writings have been published in many journals.He is the author of 4 books of poetry published by GenZ Publishing. They are Lapping Water, Humbled Wise Men Christmas Haikus, Home and other places I’ve yet to see, and Pink Marigold Rays.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...