Friday, October 1, 2021

GETTING SERIOUS by Kenneth Pobo

The day begins, a fly 
on a window.  I’m a cloud 
and I must keep moving.  

Until I dissipate.  The spiritual weather 
channel expects that to happen soon.  
I have a date with the weekend.  

We’re getting serious.
Monday hides behind the shed, 
will call the cops on us.



Kenneth Pobo is the author of twenty-one chapbooks and nine full-length collections.  Recent books include Bend of Quiet (Blue Light Press), Loplop in a Red City (Circling Rivers), and Uneven Steven (Assure Press). Opening is forthcoming from Rectos Y Versos Editions. Lavender Fire, Lavender Rose is forthcoming from Brick/House Books.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...