Sunday, October 3, 2021

You Looked Pretty In The Cemetery by Murders Row



So cold and peaceful where  you were placed for all the witnesses to grieve.

But those same eyes could not fathom your encore that very same night.

You danced lifeless within my arms as you had denied our love in your mortal life's existence. 

As your eyes once reflected terror and now lifeless, they are a mirror to only me.
You looked so pretty I couldn't bear the thought of you being alone.
So I decided to unearth you for one last soiree into the macabre.

The grave digger's burden and the morgue's masterpiece.
Is often unappreciated by most and seldom wasted upon the demons such as I.

Cold are the desires of the wicked; you are never truly alone when in the shadows' view.




Murders Row are a group of artists who choose to remain anonymous. 
Their art is dark as so often is life.
 That is all that needs to be said.

1 comment:

  1. Very romantic....in a kind of ... spooky way...well written thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...