Wednesday, November 17, 2021

buzz buzz buzz denied by Giovanni Mangiante

I left my wine glass unattended
for a few minutes,
and next thing I notice
is two wine-covered flies
fucking sideways 
next to it.

I could have used that moment
to reflect upon the irony of nature
and the role alcohol plays
amongst us living organisms,

instead,

I swatted the living shit out those two
because if I'm not the one fucking
in this room
then nothing else is either.





Giovanni Mangiante is a poet from Lima, Peru. He has work published in Newington Blue Press, Rusty Truck, The Daily Drunk, Anti-Heroin Chic, Heroin Love Songs, Rat's Ass Review, Three Rooms Press, and more. In writing, he found a way to cope with BPD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...