Monday, February 28, 2022

Listening To It by Ian Lewis Copestick

I awoke at 2:30
really needing a pee
now it's 3:45,
and the birds
have started to
sing.

I have rolled a
cigarette, had a
couple of drinks.
Now, I sit here
listening to the
birdsong. It's a
sound that I have
always loved.

If the birds are so
excited about the
new day, perhaps
I should be too.
I am sure that they
are a lot wiser than
I am. 




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 49 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...