Tuesday, May 10, 2022

RELATIONSHIP RESUMÉ by MICHAEL MINASSIAN

Just before we broke up,
my girlfriend from college
asked me if I ever

had written a record
of my relationships
like a resume, she said,

with dates, to and from,
experience, strengths, 
and weaknesses.

I wondered how long
it would take me
to write something like that.

Could I remember
names or places
and should I rate 

my favorite thing about them,
my least favorite thing,
or who broke up with who?

Skills? Objectives? References?
Please account 
for gaps in the dates.





MICHAEL MINASSIAN is a Contributing Editor for Verse-Virtual, an online poetry journal. His chapbooks include poetry: The Arboriculturist and photography: Around the Bend. His poetry collections Time is Not a River, Morning Calm, and A Matter of Timing are all available on Amazon. A new chapbook, Jack Pays a Visit, has just been released. For more information: https://michaelminassian.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...