Thursday, June 16, 2022

Backbone by Ian Lewis Copestick

I've
finally
discovered
some
backbone.

Some
spirit.

My
give a
shit machine
is
broken.

And
thank
fuck for
that.

I can feel
my strength
returning.

I'm sick
of self pity,
now I'm
getting
angry.

If the world
spits in my face,
and
pisses on
my shoes,
do I give up ?

Fuck no!

I come out
swinging.
I may get
battered, but
at least I've
gone down
fighting.

It's better to
die on your feet
than live on
your knees. 





Ian Lewis Copestick is a 49 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...