Saturday, July 9, 2022

The Long Weekend by Sean Stones

From Monday to Friday, life
Passes me by with trivialities,
And mundane, banal routines,
Filled with bosses and monotony.

Going  through the motions,
Living the life I was  gifted
Each day a Little closer to 
Purgatory and sweet angels.

But on Friday there´s a spark in me
Born again from grey skies 
Fighting out of my heart, like
A baby chicken from an egg.

I feel the weight upon my shoulders
Evaporate and I can smell the goodness
In the world once again, as 
I see her walking towards me.

On the weekend I´m alive, with 
Our hands intertwined as we briefly 
Let go, on account of the sweat
Only to resume again minutes later.

We watch movies and documentaries
As I look over and admire her
And occasionally lean over to kiss
Her soft sweat lips.

Time passes by like a speed train and
Soon somehow  it´s Sunday as 
We walk slowly towards the metro
Grey skies forming once again.




Sean Stones is a poet and aspiring novelist from Darlington in the North East of England. He studied a Masters Degree in Creative Writing at Sheffield Hallam University and currently resides in Madrid Spain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...