Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Aye, Aye, Captain! by Ashley Karlsson

He told me. " You should really submit more." and send my work out to other places, other than to him."

We hadn't seen one another in months and here we were. Picking up where we left off in a rented room overlooking the ocean in Kill Devil Hills.

Which only made me question, was every writer publisher relationship this close or maybe was it just us.

As I straddled him and we began our day as we closed out the previous evening.

I believe it was a very unique situation.
The perks of being my proverbial teachers favorite pet.

I may have not have found my muse, but as we poured cocktails afterwards sitting in his lap upon the balcony.
I had most certainly had met my match for the time being.

I don't believe he would be handing me a rejection anytime soon.





Ashley Karlsson is a photographer and writer who lives in Oxnard California. Her work has been published in a few mags scattered across the web and largley cast into the trash basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...