Saturday, August 13, 2022

Liv Let Die by John Patrick Robbins

I saw a ghost last night. 
She paid me little to no attention.
She was a moment frozen within time.
No concern for any onlookers.

For she was a moving still-life picture.
Beautiful, yet haunting. 
Tempting, yet like a work of art, just beyond reach, as she should always remain.

Sometimes I view her on a moonlit night. 
A secret onlooker; a friend of a dream I can never attain.

As I pour another glass enroute slowly to my own demise.
And sit that faded picture down and allow the scar to bleed.
Nothing is ever as it truly seems.




John Patrick Robbins, is the editor in chief of the Rye Whiskey Review and Off The Coast Magazine.

His work has been featured here at the Dope Fiend Daily, Piker Press, Fearless Poetry Zine, Fixator Press, Punk Noir Magazine, Spill The Words, Lothlorien Journal Of Poetry.

He is also the co-author of The Mirror Masks Nothing along with Kevin M. Hibshman  from Whiskey City Press  available on Amazon.

His work is always unfiltered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...