Monday, January 16, 2023

Aeroplane to Las Vegas by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

An aeroplane took me to Las Vegas.
It was the only time I ever flew.
That was four or five years ago.
I was on wine and anxiety pills that day.

The friendly skies were a little bumpy.
I looked out the window all the way.
The cities looked like a real life map.
People below were nowhere to be seen.

I felt nothing at all, no fear or anxiety.
I would have preferred to go in a car.
The aeroplane took me to Las Vegas.
What happened there, I will never tell.




 Luis was born in Mexico. He lives in California and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Blue Collar Review, The Dope Field Daily, The Rye Whiskey Review, and Unlikely Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...