Friday, April 28, 2023

Whatever Gets You Off By Ashley Karlsson

Is concrete of only your twisted understanding.
Somewhere along the way, I wish I could slap the bitch that screwed you up.

That made you hide everything within.
As I've known you for over a year yet still feel like I just met you.

The vault that conceals your truest feelings is a curse that pushes everyone away.

As we lay together in those moments.
I can almost feel a hint of something more than a moment's fling.

Was it the booze speaking or just a madman's pleas from his heart's asylum?

All I know it exist for a moment, then is somehow suffocated.
As you prepare to leave me more a mess than when you found me.

Your love is a sunset beautiful in its misleading promise of anything more than the long empty night ahead.

But it's all supposed to be in fun after all, right?

You say so much in silence maybe it's time for me to return the favor.




Ashley Karlsson's work has been published in It Takes All Kinds Literary Zine, The Rye Whiskey Review, Off The Coast Magazine, The Dope Fiend Daily, The Black Shamrock Magazine, Disturb The Universe and Death Nail Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...