Saturday, July 8, 2023

Not a Fish by Susan Isla Tepper

Sex sells every product the ad manager tells me.  But you already know that he says checking out my legs.  I uncross them.  Of course I do I tell him.  He knows very well I’ve been in this ad game a while.  What a dumb ass thing for him to say.  I keep my eyes brightly wide and make sure my gums show each time I smile.  Well good then he says.  Then he says sex sells hemorrhoid cream.  Hemorrhoid cream, yes, I can understand that I say.  Ice cream too he says.  Trying to bait me.  I’m not a fish.  Overall he’s pretty pathetic.  Then again so is the ad game.  So I guess that makes me pretty pathetic.  All the garbage gets turned into pearls.  Desirable.  I can hardly wait to get home and take a good dump.  See, I like my own toilet.  What can I say?  It’s my personal oddity.  I am entitled.  He’s staring at my breasts.  I feel like saying could you sell these?  They’re not twenty or thirty or even forty anymore.  Genius could you sell these if you’re so damned talented?

 




Susan Isla Tepper is a twenty years published writer in all genres. Her current project is an Off-Broadway Play on the subject of art and life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...