Friday, August 11, 2023

You May Press The Reset Button Now by Wayne Russell

Time gallops away in rebuttal, 
the ocean is something of a 
sledge hammer in my dreams.

Youth down by the pulsating 
riverside, oceans undertow,
snarling jaws or wilderness?

Take your pick

My parents didn't want me,
my siblings I never knew, I 
was a toddler when the the
Sunshine State gave me a
brand new home in the lost
and found.

Time is a thief, and I am the 
candle, worthless; burning at 
both ends. 

Death awaits us all, just 
around the corner; a dilapidated
crescendo circus, a pantomime;
a joke.

Mad times running along with
her mascara, and smudged red 
lipstick, thin and trickling from
dead eyes, draining from mouth
agape, into the drainage of
opium paradise.  

We are all the fools wandering,
translucent, luminous ghost behold,
shanty town broken necklaces.

We are stains composed from shattered
whiskey bottles and shredded time,
wasted, wasted, and lobbed on down
the ghetto into the next generation;
press the reset button now.  






Wayne Russell has been published in many zines, magazines, anthologies, both online and in print. In his spare time he likes to practice his guitar, sing, creative writing, and photography. Waynes first full length poetry book Where Angels Fear can be purchased on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...