Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Real Dick By Ryan Quinn Flanagan



You’re a real dick, you know that?,
he said.

At least I’m a real dick
and not one of those fake plastic
sex parlour ones.
Do I get to be my own real dick
or am I someone else’s
altogether?

You see…you see right there,
that’s what I’m talking about.

I did not know what he was talking about,
but figured that maybe a real dick could not comprehend
such things.

Then we clanked our bottles together
and tilted them back.

It was just past noon.
The beer went down warm
and gorgeous.

Well it’s a good thing you’re not a pussy,
I said,
things could get awkward
between us.

About Ryan Quinn Flanagan:

Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a Canadian-born author residing in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada with his wife and many bears that rifle through his garbage.  His work can be found both in print and online in such places as: Evergreen Review, The New York Quarterly, Horror Sleaze Trash, In Between Hangovers, The Dope Fiend Daily, and The Oklahoma Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...