Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Jim Morrison Lives In My Basement By R.M. Engelhardt

Jim
Didn't really
Die in
71

He actually
Moved back to
The states &
Drank alot of
Booze

Where no one
Recognized him
Or knew his
Name

Then one day
He showed up
On my doorstep
Asking for a
Notebook & a
Pen claiming
He was once
The Lizard King

And that's
How it all
Began

So I let him
Move into
My basement
Where now he
Just sings old blues
Songs all day long
And quotes Rimbaud
& William Blake

He just
Drinks beer and
He never bathes
His old leather
Pants reeking
Stinking
Of pee

But his
Writing
His poetry
Is amazing

But mostly
All about his
Beard & magical
Realms where
Old guys who
Only have beards
Are kings

He's strange

But he's Jim

Last week
I gave him a
A Taylor Swift
CD just to
See what he
Would do

He uses it
As a drink
Coaster and
Is now convinced
That the end times
Are nigh

I agree





About R.M Engelhardt:
 R.M. Engelhardt is a veteran poet & writer whose work over the last twenty some years has appeared in such journals & magazines as Rusty Truck, Thunder Sandwich, Sure! The Charles Bukowski Newsletter, Writer's Resist and many others.

His new book of poetry is " Coffee Ass Blues & Other Poems" (Alien Buddha Press 2018) and is available on Amazon.

 He currently lives & writes in Upstate NY.

www.rmengelhardt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...