Wednesday, September 5, 2018

How Not To Dream By Jay Passer

Say I was a millionaire
Guess I’d yearn to be a billionaire
Sell some stocks
Stave off those hob-nob crony favors
Buy myself any available Van Gogh
Store it in the root cellar.

I got two lighters
One black, the other white
Bic lighters, disposable
One has less fuel than the other
Or is it more?
Not sure if even Buddha knows.


About Jay Passer:

Jay Passer's work has appeared in print and online since 1988. His work has been included in several anthologies and he is the author of 10 books, the most recent being The Black and the Blues, from Alien Buddha Press, 2018. Passer lives and works in San Francisco, the city of his birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...