Saturday, January 19, 2019

Successes by Ian Copestick

It's always weird, when I see
A transit van drive past, and
The name on the side is an
Old mate from school So now
They've got their own business
A plumber, a brickie, or even
A sparky. I'm pleased that
They are doing alright for
Themselves. I sometimes
Wonder what they think of
Me, and what I've achieved
Since our paths last crossed.
They probably think " What a
Fucking loser. At school he
Was supposed to be the one
With the brains ! So he used to
Come top in the exams, what
Good has it done him ? A
Drunk and a druggie that's
All he is."
I suppose that if I could be
Bothered, I'd cast back a
Rejoinder. That not everything
Can be measured in pounds
And pence  That some people
Consider me a powerful poet,
And a short story writer of
Some potential, but I know
They wouldn't understand.
I appreciate their successes,
They never will mine. And
That, sadly is how this poem
Ends







About Ian Copestick:


Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer who has put out 70 poems and 5 short stories in 15 e-zines. He has also been in print anthologies by Alien Buddha Press and Horror, Sleaze, Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...