Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Hero's Song Sung by John Patrick Robbins

I spent hours learning my craft.
I can paper my walls with rejections.

Have spent hours wasting time and losing track of others in hopes to connect.

I decided to write a manuscript for a adult film.

It was quick and easy.

And a raving success.
The lead had a great rack and huge ass.

It won several awards and nobody gave a damn who penned this modern day masterpiece of smut.

Unsung heroes are in a group all their own.

I penned fifteen more and could afford my bad habits and keep the lights on.

When a friend asked.

"Hey man how do you stay afloat these days only writing?"

"Poetry and selling my ass."

I replied

I never let anyone know my truth.

And as I saw a guy at a video store checking out one of the works I had penned I took great pride.

I just tapped him on the shoulder
And told him .

“You're welcome.”

Looks like I had saved another lost soul from a depressing empty night.

A heroes work is never done.









About John Patrick Robbins: 

   John Patrick Robbins

Is the editor of The Rye Whiskey Review, Under The Bleachers and Drinkers Only.

He is also the Author of Smoking At The Gas Pumps by Soma Publishing and A Cold Beer Beats A Warm Heart by Alien Buddha Press.

His work has also been published here at the,

Dope Fiend Daily, Ariel Chart, The San Pedro River Review, The Mojave River Review, Stanzaic Stylings, Blognostics,  Red Fez,  Punk Noir Magazine,  Blue Pepper, Angry Old Man Magazine, Spill The Words, Academy Of The Heart And Mind, Piker Press, A Beautiful Space.

His work is always unfiltered 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...