Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Listener by Danijela Trajković

nobody wants to listen about my love anymore
neither my best friend nor God nor you
but yet there is someone willing to listen
there he is a little further away from me rasping his horns his tail hitting the floor with satisfaction
in the dark I know he keeps listening after the hits and a terrible groan
let him I don't send him there from where he came from

at least he listens to me






About Danijela Trajković:

Danijela Trajković is a Serbian poet, short story writer, reviewer and translator. She holds an MA in English language and literature from the University of Philosophy in Kosovska Mitrovica, Serbia. Her work has been published worldwide in journals, newspapers and anthologies. The most recent in World Poetry

 Almanac, edited by Dr Hadaa Sendoo and Balkan Poetry Today, edited by Tom Phillips. Danijela’s first book ‘22 Wagons’, selected Anglophone contemporary poetry was published in 2018 by Istok Academia, Knjaževac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...