Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Snub Nose by John Patrick Robbins

I managed to really tie one on last night.
I awoke to the room destroyed.
The dog had tore through the garbage.

There were bottles everywhere.
And apparently I had puked in the dog bowl just for good measure.

He looked at me from the comforts of his bed.
There was still a little wine in the bottle.
I figured the best way of beating a hangover was drinking more.

He simply got up and headed out.
Guess even he had enough of my vices.

It's bad when man's best friend is sick of your shit.

I think I should have bought a goldfish instead.
Of course I won't even go into that night I pissed in a friend’s fish tank.

I believe I may have what some would describe as a drinking problem.

But I seldom ever concerned myself with the opinions of others.

The first step taken is always the one that leads to buying more booze.





 John Patrick Robbins 

Is the editor in chief of the Rye Whiskey Review, Under The Bleachers and Drinkers Only.

He is also the author of Once Upon A Nervous Breakdown from Soma Publishing and Sex Drugs & Poetry.

His work has been published in.
The San Pedro River Review,  The Mojave River Review,  Red Fez, Ariel Chart, Punk Noir Magazine , Blognostics , As It Ought To Be Magazine and here at The Dope Fiend Daily .


His work is always unfiltered. 


This Write was originally from Once Upon A Nervous Breakdown and if you would like to check out the book here is a link to it on amazon: 

1 comment:

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...