Monday, December 2, 2019

flagpole. by Wayne F. Burke



in bed early
11:30 PM 
try and get some reading done
or maybe write something
worthwhile
but
fuck-it, I am too tired
for either, and
start to think of a girl
I used to watch undress
as she stood before her window,
and though I know
it is not healthy
for me
to go there,
I go;
watch her stretch and
bend over...
I raise the old flagpole:
I used to be her dildo
she used to be my girl
every night
11 PM
we met
a cold and distant relationship
that ended
only because
she moved elsewhere.





Wayne F. Burke's poetry has been widely published online and in print. He has published six full-length poetry collections, most recently DIFLUCAN (BareBack Press, 2019). He lives in the Pine Tree State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...