Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The perfect murder. by Ashley Cooke


I thought of one million ways
To remove you from my life
None of them seemed as sincere
Or as permanent as death
So many ways to dispose of you
But no bullet can puncture you
No knife can dig deep enough
To rip you out of my mind
No building would be high enough
To push you from
And no pill is strong enough
To take your life

No, the best way to kill you
would be to wipe out my memory of you
leaving me with no trace
washing every bit of you away
like the blood on my hands
disposing of my thoughts of you
Just like the pieces of your body
Thrown away in places never to be reached again
not keeping a piece for myself
No momento of this crime
No trophy or lock of hair
Hidden in some box under my bed
Lining my walls with your essence
No, It would be the perfect murder
If I never thought of you again.





Ashley Cooke is a creative writing major attending Long Beach City College. She is from Long Beach, CA. She is currently working on her first poetry collection. Her work can be found in various online journals such as Moontide Press, Horror Sleaze Trash, Scarlett Leaf Review and many others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...